Here at Hill Family Medicine, we are proud to provide the Austin and Bee Cave area with outpatient care services. Ranging from a quick wellness exam to intensive blood work or urinalysis, we make it a priority to ensure that when you visit our clinic, you feel heard and that you understand what options are available to you. Whether this is your first visit to our outpatient clinic or you have visited our family physician many times before, we welcome you to book an appointment at our clinic today!
UNDERSTANDING OUTPATIENT CARE
Outpatient care — also referred to as ambulatory care — is medical care that does not require an overnight stay. Outpatient care is a wonderful fit for many scenarios and allows a patient to recover in the comfort of their own home. Not only is outpatient care more comfortable for many patients, but it is far less expensive than overnight stays. While there are obviously certain scenarios in which overnight care is needed, many modern medical procedures allow patients that were previously confined to a hospital bed to return home the same day.
From ongoing treatment for chronic illnesses, such as asthma, to a one-time visit for an ear infection, outpatient care enables you to receive the medical care you need at the time you need it, without requiring you to spend more time than necessary at our facility.
We offer a vast array of outpatient services, including the following:
- Management of chronic illness (including but not limited to high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol)
- Low-T (low testosterone) evaluations and treatment
- Management and treatment of insomnia, anxiety, depression, ADD, and ADHD
- Annual, pre-employment, sports physicals, surgical clearance
- Well Woman Exam
- Well Men Exam
- Adult Vaccinations (Flu, Tetanus, Hepatitis)
- Referral for screening exams (colonoscopy, mammogram, bone density)
- Referral for necessary imaging studies (X-ray, Cat scans, MRI, etc.)
- Referral to subspecialties as clinically indicated
- Blood work, urinalysis, skin pathology
- Minor cuts and bruises
- Ingrown toenail removal
- Cough/cold/allergy/sore throat
- Skin foreign body removal
- Minor eye injuries
- Urinary tract infections
- Skin sores/infection
- Sleep disturbances